Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tokyo in yet another 2 days (continue)

Well, didn't really have the 2 full days in Tokyo as it was the final 2 days prior to departure home. Spent my first morning in Nikko, the trip to the known world heritage side was rather a disappointment to me but oh well, in every trip one would have a least favourite spot and is part of travelling!

Is the hanami weekend! being a foreigner going to experience this for the first time, can you imagine how excited I was.
The crowd at the Ueno park entrance
local dancing with their sakura song. only heard about those ribbon obi represent a married lady, easier for the boys to differentiate heh!
a very happening hanami festival
plenty of drinking and eating
a foreigner performing at the park to earn money
a young kid looking out to the view, couldn't get her face cos my arm isn't long enough
beautiful hey
the sun setting down making the city golden looking, is a piece of art to me
clouds of cherry blossoms 
a trendy cat lady with her beautiful white kitty on tramp! that's how she would hold up the kitty's arm telling her to admire the blossoms with her. Wish I can have this sort of life when I retire.
this uncle was feeding those little birds with bread crumbs in his hand
really wish we have such scenic park in KL
food stall setup for the festival, things are very pricey
this grill giant corn cost ¥500 each
the lake by night
That was the end of my second last day in Japan.
Now my final day in Japan, I took the day very slowly. Since it is so precious to be seeing sakura in Tokyo, I therefore visited the nearest park I could, to enjoy those beautiful cherry blossoms for one last time. Here's Yoyogi park which is much quieter compared to Ueno, the morning crowd were all taking the day so easily, probably because it is a Sunday and everyone are making full use of the day before going back to work the next day.

saw the same bubble gentleman at the park from my first visit
white clouds of blossoms, why can't we have this in KL!
a whole group of poodle family were out in the park
this pair of un-identical twin's owner were so friendly and kind to let me photograph them
Yoyogi has a huge designated area fence up for dogs, divided for big and small dog. There's this huge black dog that the owner seems to disallowed him from playing with others where the owner himself would throw a ball for the blackie to fetch. What's  funny to watch that morning was one of the cheeky Shiba keep going to the blacky but obviously as you can see from the pictures the owner disallowed that and Shiba's owner came pushing and and pulling that fella away; which didn't really work. But the moment his owner raises his voice to give him command, check out his respond in the next picture.
the whitey Shiba sat down quietly after hearing his owner's command! 
Whitey is clearly the cheekiest dog that morning, wishes to give him  big hug though
on the other end there's this black & white pug that got so excited with a young boy whom was playing run and chase between the fences. Clearly shows that this pug love kids.
the pug that got tired after plenty of chasing and barking
more bubbles fun in the park
such a scenic view
families of dog greeting one another
anyone know what breed ate these, they are so skinny
a pupp at a mini concert
a Thai market in Tokyo?
It was my last few hours in Tokyo, I was a bit unorganized with what I'm suppose to do and all I have in my head was shopping! haven't bought anything after so many days in Japan, shopping was my least priority cos didn't want to add to the weight of my backpack while on the move.

Anyway, things flow in kind of quite smoothly, my instinct brought me to following few spots...

walked to Shibuya
bid farewell with Hachiko 
Went back to Asakusa cos I remember seeing a lot of shopping here, especially was aiming to get more fridge magnet :)

a giant dog ate the whole cone of ice cream offered by his owner
at the Ueno JR line entrance 
the accidental walk that brought me to this huge market that sells all sorts of goods, from electricity, fashion, household or food stuff.
I had fun in Tokyo, there were so much walking, I missed the fish market, Ghibli museum and Mt Fuji which I couldn't do cos of time constraints and museum were fully booked. Well, next time Japan, I'll be back to do more stuff.

1 comment: