Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Japan most beautiful village - Shirakawa-go

In every trip, one would have their favourite spot in some way, that includes me! My last adventure to Nepal is currently one of my favourite destination and trekking to Poon Hill is currently on the top. Since there are still so many place in the globe that I have yet to explore, I'm pretty sure this list will grow longer.

Now, from my recent trip to Japan, although cherry blossom viewing is no doubt a highlight to the trip but still I would prefer destination like Shirakawa-go, well always like mountains more than flowers :)

Shirakawa-go is a touristy destination 45 minutes away from Takayama, I nearly forgo this trip to stay in Kyoto after a rainy day in the city as I didn't see much of Kyoto yet. Anyways, I'm glad to have insisted my journey to Takayama.

There are a number of bus services depart from Takayama town to Shirakawa-go, you can either book your slot or just turn up at the bus station next to Takayama main train station, remember to be punctual!

Takayama main station
one of the bus company with it's schedule to Shirakawa-go, note the slots in red requires advance bookings
round trip to the village sold at ¥4,300, free seating
Scenery along the way was getting better and better, especially when mountains are still covered by snow, it was very cold that morning (it drizzled snow in Takayama town), thank God for the bus is heated so that all of us can have a very comfy ride up the mountain with the following beautiful scenery.
toll entering the village, this is the only toll I saw in Japan, cos I have been in the train more than the buses
at the entrance of the village, this view took my breath away
It was freezingly cold that afternoon, I had to keep walking in order to keep myself warm. The surroundings area in this village is indeed beautiful, reckon this would be a nice place for honeymoon. 



an alsatian statue with trendy accessories
Ice drips from roofs
I had a map in my hand, however must admit that I'm not the most organize person who would plan a route systematically using a map. Majority of the time I would ended up walking and referring to road signs along the way like in the pictures...


at the view point
someone left their hand print on the snow


farm houses with paddy field as their backyard
cute little fire fighter hut in the village
Bus station is somewhere beneath the hill at the front

the commercialized restaurant and souvenir huts

well deserved claim as one the world heritage site in the country
this is the bridge crossing to the village from the bus station

Although a very cold morning, I was swiveling at some points but I have thoroughly enjoyed the stroll around the village in the few hours, Shirakawa-go indeed is beautiful! It is a place that will make you slow down, take a deep breath and enjoy the surrounding.

No comments:

Post a Comment