Wednesday, November 19, 2014

What to buy in Korea

Before embarking my trip to South Korea, I did a bit of reading up to find out what to shop in Korea. Shopping choices in this country is indeed wide, I was quite overwhelmed actualy to the extend I do not know how to start and end. 

Myeongdong is known to be the cosmetics district in Seoul, after visiting this place for the second time. In my opinion this area is way too busy, especially all the shops sales attendant are a bit too aggressive in makIng a sales and they just won't stop asking what you want. Anyway this is no doubt still a 1-stop district for cosmetics shopper.

Another area I went for my shopping is Hongdae, this is a student area, other than shopping there are also lots of night life and food spot as well. Given this is student area, you might also be able to find good bargain too. Take your pick and enjoy your shopping spree!

Sharing of my shopping list:

These moisturizer gel are great for keeping my skin moisture without the sticky feeling. however I have yet to know in terms of whether it is as good as those regular cream moisturizing lotion. Now using the Nature Republic 92% aloevera tub, shall try the Faceshop 98% tub after that. I got these for KRW4,400/tub
Fragrant hand lotion from Too cool for school at KRW7,000 for 2 tube (buy 1 free 1) guess I'm attracted to the packaging
face mask from E-tude and Beyond, each at approximate RM1.50, bought in Incheon airport and a random mall in Jeju city
Argan Oil going for KRW10,000
Too Cool for School CC cream compact with compartment for lip gloss and is going for KRW32,000
Too cool for school egg mouse face pack, KRW12,000
Fun face mist from Tony Moly
Skinfood eye cream KRW15,900 and neck cream KRW6900
Free mini packs from the trip

Now, food stuff:
Seaweeds - the ready to eat on the left is going for KRW2990 for 2 pack, Ottogi cut seaweed is KRW3250/pack
Nicely packed seaweed sheets is at KRW14,000 bought in airport

These energy bars is big time yummy, i love them. Bought them in mini mart, at KRW1,000/bar

The infamous Market O brownie 
Non food stuff:
Socks! I bought a total of 75 pairs, some given away as gift, remaining kept for my art work collection

Now, some of the cosmetics shop issue tax exemption receipt, please don't forget to ask for it and get the return at the airport, due to time, I did not have the time to clear, such a waste.  Anyway, I had lots of fun shopping there, wish to back with friends some day.


No comments:

Post a Comment